Tuesday 27 May 2014

52 Ancestors: Theodore Godin (1911 - 1916)

I am back over to the Mazerolle-Godin side of my family tree with a very short post as there is not much to find when it is a child you are researching.

Theodore Godin is my Great Uncle. He was born in Paquetville, New Brunswick, Canada in April of 1911 (according to the 1911 census). He was the youngest child of Jean-Aimie Godin and Beatrice Hebert. Theodore had two older sisters and two older brothers. I wonder if he had any memories of his mother as he was only 2 years and 9 months when she died. After the death of his mother his family moved to St. Isidore, New Brunswick, Canada.

Theodore died July 28, 1916 at St. Isidore, New Brunswick, Canada when he was only 5 years and 3 months old. He would not have been in school yet. I wonder if he was looking forward to going to school with the rest of his siblings. How he died or the length of illness is not listed on his death certificate. Why was the reason for his death not listed? You would think that it would be unusual for a child of this age to die without any cause of death noted. Someday I will have to see if I can find where he might be buried in St. Isidore.

No comments:

Post a Comment