Saturday 18 January 2014

52 Ancestors Saturday January 18, 2014 - Brigitte Christie 1887

This is my first post of my first blog ever!

I have been thinking about this for a couple of weeks now ever since I saw the 52 Ancestors Challenge on Ancestry.com blog from www.nostorytoosmall.com to write about one ancestor a week for 52 weeks. I kept thinking that I only know facts about my ancestors how would I turn that into a story, then I read some of the blogs and thought I could do that. So here I am!

My family tree has deep Acadian roots from New Brunswick, Canada. I am lucky that many records have survived over the years and have allowed me to easily go back to the 1850's. I have recently started to search for information on my direct ancestors siblings.

My first ancestor that I am going to write about is my Great Aunt Brigitte Christie.

Brigitte Christie was born October 1 1887 (from 1901 census) in Bathurst New Brunswick (from marriage certificate, Peter's River from Death Certificate) and is the daughter of  Alexandre William Christie and Margaret Ann Legacy. On June 27, 1905 in Bathurst, New Brunswick,when she was 17 years old she married Celestin Daigle (25 years old).

Brigitte and Celestin had 8 children ( that I have been able to find) all born in Bathurst, New Brunswick.

Mary Therese                    Jan 23 1907 -
Joseph                               Dec 16, 1907 -
Joseph Martin                    Jan 21, 1909 - Dec 24 1938
Mary Bernadette                Nov 4, 1910 -
Marguerite Rita                  Jan 9, 1913 -
Joseph James Theodore     Mar 6, 1915 -
Marie Alfrida                     Nov 4 1916 -
Wilfrid                               May 9, 1918 -

Brigitte and Celestin died within 5 days of each other from pneumonia. Brigitte died April 1, 1920 after being ill for 8 days. At the time of her death she was living in West Bathurst and had lived there for the last 16 years.

My heart goes out to these children to lose both of their parents so close together.  My challenge is to find out what happened to them. I have found some details, but that info is for a later entry.

1 comment:

  1. Good Start Linda…Waiting for the 2second session!!

    ReplyDelete